Today’s podcast covers quick news on David F. Sandberg’s Shazam! film plus a new trailer and details on the Batman Ninja animated film.
Mark Strong talks humor in Shazam! – Total Film
- “Zachary Levi, who plays the lead, is a very funny guy, and I’ve no doubt he will play with that part and make it interesting. I think DC have realized that they’ve got their canon of films that are dark, and they’ve now found one that’s pretty funny! There are some really funny moments in it.”
- “Sinestro was meant to go evil in the second one. The final frame of the first film is him trying on the yellow ring and his whole costume going yellow, and that was when he went evil. So I was really looking forward to that. The film didn’t do as well as they expected… so it never got made. So I was definitely conscious that Sivana is almost like the next stage that I wasn’t able to take.”
- Website question from JRBatman23 – “What rating do you predict for shazam?? Im really really hoping for pg!”
- Leave a question at DCDailyDrop.com
Batman Ninja English language trailer and other details released – (Warner Bros. on YouTube)
- Cover art revealed; officially rated PG-13
- Releases digitally April 24th; blu-ray steelbook, blu-ray combo pack, and DVD May 8, 2018
- “The script was then reinterpreted and rewritten for English-language distribution”
- Characters – Batman (Roger Craig Smith; Batman Unlimited series, Batman: Arkham Origins), Joker (Tony Hale), Catwoman, Harley Quinn (Tara Strong), Gorilla Grodd, Robin, Nightwing, Alfred, Red Robin and Red Hood (Will Friedle), Penguin, Two-Face, Deathstroke, Poison Ivy
- Synopsis – “Batman Ninja takes a journey across the ages as Gorilla Grodd’s time displacement machine transports many of Batman’s worst enemies to feudal Japan – along with the Dark Knight and a few of his allies. The villains take over the forms of the feudal lords that rule the divided land, with the Joker taking the lead among the warring factions. As his traditional high-tech weaponry is exhausted almost immediately, Batman must rely on his intellect and his allies – including Catwoman and the extended Bat-family – to restore order to the land, and return to present-day Gotham City.”
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.